Cream cheese is rarely a bad idea, especially in a salmon dish. If you want a healthy fish dinner than you can forget about after you throw it in the oven, you’ll love this recipe.
Creamy, Dreamy Salmon
Two 4 oz. pieces of salmon
Two Yukon gold potatoes, cut into small pieces
2 oz. cream cheese
1 tsp. chives
Two cups spring greens
Olive oil, salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Rinse salmon and pat dry. Season with salt. Place salmon in baking dish, with room in between. Drizzle with olive oil. Squeeze 3/4 of the lemon over salmon and place an ounce of cream cheese on top of each piece. Sprinkle with chives.
- Cut potatoes into small chunks. Add to the baking dish with the salmon. Drizzle the potatoes with olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, depending on how thick or thin your salmon is. Use a spatula to carefully remove the salmon from the dish. Wrap in foil to keep warm. Let the potatoes have another 15 minutes or so in the oven.
- While your potatoes are browning, squeeze the remaining 1/4 lemon over the spring greens, drizzle with olive oil and add a pinch of salt. You could easily stop there, but I tossed in a teaspoon (alright, a tablespoon) of feta cheese, as I so often do.
- When your potatoes are browned to your liking, spoon them on a plates and top with salmon pieces with your greens on the side. Delicious and easy!