The perfect Halloween dinner dish!
Remember how I said that my alfredo sauce would be so fun at Halloween? I never say anything that I don’t mean. Here it is, all dressed up as a spooky dinner that takes ten minutes to make!
I came up with this sinister pasta for Disney Dinners: Haunted Mansion as a homage to the graveyard scene in the ride, which is filled with tombstones. I chose bucatini for my pasta – which delightfully looks like worms here – and added toasted Panko bread crumbs to act as the graveyard “dirt” and tombstone toasts.
This pasta is a real crowd-pleaser and since it’s so fast to make, I’m thinking it’s the perfect dish to whip up for your kids before taking them trick-or-treating! Ghosts and ghouls of all ages will love this hauntingly good pasta.
The Rose Table is in no way affiliated with The Walt Disney Company.
1 lbs bucatini pasta, cooked according to package instructions
1/2 cup unsalted butter
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
1 cup freshly grated gruyere cheese
1/4 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
Black food coloring
1/4 cup Panko bread crumbs
6 slices bread (suggested: honeywheat)
- Toast Panko bread crumbs in a dry pan (no butter) over low heat until nicely browned.
- Use a tombstone cookie cutter to cut tombstones out of bread. Toss in a 350 degree oven for a few minutes until toasted to your liking. (Note: I toasted 12 tombstones: six to decorate the pasta and extra for serving.)
- Melt one stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter with minced garlic over low heat. Add heavy whipping cream, salt, and pepper, and stir until uniform in color.
- Add parmesan and gruyere and whisk over low heat until cheesy is completely melted. Do not rush this. Low and slow is your friend here.
- Add black food coloring to tint sauce desired shade of black.
- Grate fresh nutmeg into the sauce, whisk, and add cooked bucatini, using tongs to carefully coat the noodles with the sauce. Top with toasted Panko breadcrumb “dirt” and tombstone toasts.
Love it? Pin it!
Read more about my Haunted Mansion dinner party here. Watch The Rose Table Disney Dinners Haunted Mansion: