A refreshing, fruity drink
One of the most popular recipes on The Rose Table is my Blueberry Mint Iced Tea. This is a new version of that fan-favorite: half raspberries, half blueberries, lemon, and a sprig of lavender for garnish. Totally thirst-quenching!
This recipe starts with a homemade mixed berry simple syrup. You heat berries with sugar and a bit of lemon juice until they’re nice and juicy, let the mixture cool, then strain the liquid for a beautifully hued syrup that’s ready to mix with your iced tea. Make this the day before or morning of your party and drink it up in just a couple of days.
This is not difficult to make and it’s so good, you might want to double the recipe.
The Rose Table Disney Dinners: Maleficent Mistress of Evil is sponsored by Disney’s Maleficent: Mistress of Evil, out on DVD and blu-ray January 14, 2020.
1 cup fresh raspberries
Lavender sprigs for garnish
- Wash and dry blueberries and raspberries.
- Bring berries and 1 cup water to a boil, lower heat, and cook for about five minutes or until berries begin to burst. (Raspberries will disintegrate but that’s just fine!)
- Add sugar and the juice from one lemon. Simmer for 2-3 minutes or until sugar has fully dissolved.
- Remove from heat. Let steep about five minutes, then strain solids through a sieve. Let cool.
- Bring eight cups of water to a boil. Remove from heat, add tea bags, and steep for ten minutes, pushing the tea bags down every couple of minutes. Discard tea bags. Let cool.
- Combine berry syrup and tea in a pitcher. Chill for 4-6 hours.
- Serve over ice with additional berries and lavender sprigs in each glass.
Read more about Disney Dinners: Maleficent Mistress of Evil here. Watch The Maleficent Mistress of Evil episode of The Rose Table:
Love it? Pin it!
Make your own magic,