I’m always in the mood for banana bread. I mean, honestly, what’s better than a thick slice of banana bread warm from the oven with melty chocolate chips? That’s the epitome of comfort baking.
If you’ve never made banana bread, it could not be simpler. You whisk together the dry ingredients, stir in the wet ingredients, mash a couple bananas, and voila! You can literally get a loaf in the oven while your coffee brews. I’ve done it many times!
This banana bread slices up beautifully and is good for days. It’s perfect for lunchboxes, a picnic, or taking to a friend’s house since it’s easily transportable. Chocolate chip banana bread is so delicious that I sometimes toast up a slice and add a scoop of vanilla ice cream for dessert. Is that weird? Does anyone else do that?
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
Makes 1 loaf
2 1/2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
3 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
3 Tbsp vegetable oil
3/4 cup milk
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 ripe medium bananas, mashed
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 tsp turbinado sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 9x5x3-inch loaf pan.
- Sift together the first five ingredients.
- Add the vegetable oil, milk, vanilla, and egg, and mix well. Stir in mashed banana until incorporated. Gently stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour into prepared pan. Sprinkle top with turbinado sugar.
- Bake 55-65 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from pan and let cool completely on a rack before slicing.
Love it? Pin it!