Need a Valentine’s Day treat? Make Marshmallow Heart Pops! I used my homemade vanilla marshmallows (which are so satisfying and fun to make!) for this recipe and cut out a few hearts from the block. This recipe makes four heart pops, but it’s easy to scale it up if you want to cut out the whole batch of marshmallows for Valentine’s Day pops!
The texture of these pops is pretty much perfect. The marshmallow is so soft and gooey and the chocolate is the perfect consistency – it doesn’t break away as you eat it like some chocolate coating does! I’m sure you guys will decorate these much cuter than I did. You can even get the kiddos to help!
Marshmallow Heart Pops
Homemade marshmallows cut out with heart cookie cutter
4 popsicle sticks
4 oz semi-sweet Ghirardelli baking chocolate
2 tsp shortening
- Insert popsicle sticks into the bottom of the marshmallows. You want to go pretty much to the end so they’re as sturdy as possible. Note: You may need to roll the point of the heart back down if the popsicle stick distorts the shape.
- Set a piece of wax paper on the counter large enough to hold all of your pops.
- Finely chop baking chocolate and place in a heatproof bowl with 2 tsp shortening. Microwave at half power for about 2 minutes, stirring every 15-30 seconds until smooth and glossy.
- Pick up a marshmallow pop, hold over the bowl of chocolate, and spoon chocolate on the marshmallow, using the back of the spoon to smooth over each side, gently tapping the excess chocolate off as you go. Move quickly!
- Set on wax paper and add sprinkles if you desire. Repeat with remaining pops. Slide a small cookie sheet under the pops and pop in the fridge for ten minutes to set. Store at room temperature in a Ziplock bag.
Love it? Pin it!
Happy Valentine’s Day,