In the heat of summer, I rarely turn on my oven. I get it from my mother, who cooks very seasonally. I thought everyone cooked this way but I was wrong. It never ceases to amaze me how many Texans will roast a chicken in the dead of summer. Not me! I live in Dallas and it’s easily 95-105 degrees in July and August, so what’s a girl to do when she wants dessert but it’s too hot to bake? No-bake cheesecake!
I adore cheesecake but I rarely make it because you really need to be organized since you want to bake cheesecake the day before you eat it. This delightful no-bake cheesecake however only needs a couple of hours in the fridge! If you’ve never eaten a no-bake cheesecake before, know that it has a lighter, creamier texture than a real cheesecake. There are no eggs in a no-bake cheesecake, making it perfectly safe to eat without baking. It’s essentially doctored up whipped cream, which my long-time readers know is my jam.
This recipe is really satisfying to make. It’s beautiful, it’s easy, and it’s sure to impress your guests. Just promise me you’ll pull the cream cheese out of the fridge at least an hour in advance. The fastest way to ruin any recipe with cream cheese is to use it cold. It won’t incorporate properly and you’ll get unpleasant knobs when you want a smooth, silky texture.
For heaven’s sake, whip your own cream. Don’t ruin a beautiful no-bake cheesecake with store-bought spray whipped cream. It’s not the same at all! Whip a bit of extra (see recipe note) to pipe beautiful rosettes on top if the mood strikes. If not, top with strawberries.
I used a simple graham cracker crust piled up the sides, which I think makes it look so bakery-professional. This cheesecake sliced like a dream and I didn’t use any special tricks to popping it out of the springform pan; I just made sure to thoroughly grease it before getting started.
Get ready because many no-bake cheesecake variations are coming soon to The Rose Table! I hope you love this recipe as much as I do.
Vanilla No-Bake Cheesecake
1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
1 Tbsp powdered sugar
Splash vanilla extract
- Grease a 9-inch springform pan with Crisco. Set aside.
- Pulverize Graham Crackers with a pinch of cinnamon (my secret ingredient!) until fine. Mix with melted butter until mixture is the texture of wet sand. Use a spatula to press the mixture firmly on the bottom and up the sides of prepared spring form pan. Freeze for ten minutes while making the filling.
- Beat heavy whipping cream with a handheld mixer until stiff peaks form. Beat in 1/4 cup powdered sugar.
- In a separate bowl, beat softened cream cheese until smooth. Beat in sour cream, remaining 3/4 cup powdered sugar, and vanilla extract.
- Gently fold in whipped cream until uniform in color.
- Spread mixture on top of prepared crust. Cover and refrigerate for at least four hours or overnight before slicing. Whip 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream with 1 Tbsp powdered sugar and a splash of vanilla in a metal bowl with a metal whisk until stiff peaks form. Pipe onto cheesecake with a pastry bag fitted with a decorative tip. Serve with strawberries.
Love it? Pin it!
Happy not baking,