Here’s how to make a fondant crown!
What you need:
Oatmeal container or something round of similar size
Fashion measuring tape
Culinary paint brush
Extract (I used lemon)
Gold shimmer dust
- Measure a large oatmeal container. Mine was 12.5” so that’s the measurements I’m using for my crown. Roll fondant out 12.5” by 4”.
2. Clean up the edges.
3. Make a small mark at 6.25” in, the center. This should be the center of your crown and your triangle. Make two equal cuts from that point out to the base for an equilateral triangle. Cut the triangle pit and use that as a stencil to cut triangle out of the remainder of the crown.
4. Spray the oatmeal container with nonstick spray. Wrap the crown around the container so that the base of the crown lines up with the base of the container.
5. Trim the edges of need be to fit perfect flush together without being stretched or overlapping. Apply a bit of water to the seam with a brush to help it stick. Allow to dry for two days. To speed up process, put in an oven with the light on and leave for several hours.
6. To make it shimmery and gold, mix edible gold shimmer powder with lemon extract and paint on crown. (Yes I did this while watching Netflix.) Allow to dry overnight.
7. Just before serving, transfer crown to cake!