These take no time at all to make. You can easily be eating these in 30 minutes if you have all of the ingredients at hand. Just whisk together the dry ingredients, whisk together the wet ingredients, fold the two together, and off you go!
These are particularly lovely topped with a bit of turbinado sugar, which I also use on my banana bread. It adds not only a lovely bit of crunch to these muffins, but also a wonderful holiday sparkle.
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
2/3 cup granulated sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp salt
3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
3/4 cup eggnog
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- Whisk together the dry ingredients in a medium bowl.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggnog, eggs, and vanilla. Gently stir dry ingredients into wet ingredients until incorporated. Mix in melted butter until smooth in consistency.
- Divide batter evenly among 12 muffin liners and sprinkle each muff in with turbinado sugar.
- Bake muffins for about 15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove muffins from the pan and serve warm with butter.
Watch me make it:
Love it? Pin it!