Looking for a quick and easy tiramisu recipe without eggs that will wow with every bite? You found it! This is so fast and easy to make.
The photos don’t do it justice. I kept meaning to do a proper photo shoot but I don’t know what to tell you guys. Every night I just kept gobbling it up without taking pictures! I was powerless against its charms.
This is the perfect make-ahead dessert. It gets better every single day. I made it six days ago and it’s not only still delicious, but also considerably better than it was the first day. Don’t be afraid to make this a few days before your event!
Whatever you do, don’t soak the ladyfingers. Quickly dip each ladyfinger cookie one at a time in espresso or strong coffee. You don’t want them to be soggy. Dip, flip, set in the pan.
Can you add alcohol? Sure. I am a purist when it comes to tiramisu because it irritates me how much alcohol American restaurants pump into this classical coffee dessert. Having said that, you could easily put some Kahlua or amaretto in with the coffee or the cream if you’d like!
1 cup heavy whipping cream
8 oz mascarpone cheese, at room temperature
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1.5 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup espresso or strong coffee, cooled
2 Tbsp dark cocoa powder
- Whip cream in a metal bowl with a metal whisk until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- Mix mascarpone cheese, granulated sugar, and vanilla extract with a hand mixer. Gently fold in whipped cream with a spatula until combined. Set aside.
- Dip ladyfingers one at a time in coffee and place in an 8″ or 9″ pan, breaking the last few as needed to fit a solid layer of ladyfingers in the bottom of the pan. Spread half of the mascarpone mixture on top.
- Repeat with another layer of ladyfingers and the remaining mascarpone mixture.
- Generously sift cocoa powder on top, then cover and refrigerate overnight. It gets better the longer it chills!
I hope you love this easy tiramisu recipe as much as I do. Love it? Pin it!