These incredibly soft chocolate cookies have dark chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, and pistachios. They’re sweet, salty, serious, fun, and a little chaotic, much like it’s namesake: Much Ado About Nothing. I came up with this recipe specifically for my Shakespeare in the Park Picnic and could not wait to share the recipe with all of you because I will be making these cookies again and again!
This a fantastic make-ahead recipe because not only does the dough need to chill meaning you can easily make it the day before, but also the cookies honestly are better the day after you make them. They just keep getting softer and more delicious!
As far as the cookie dough goes, it’s incredibly fast and easy to make. Waiting for the dough to chill is hard but worth it, I promise!
I love the combination of the semisweet chocolate, white chocolate, and pistachios. I don’t think I’ve ever done that combo before and it really blends nicely, especially for those who love sweet and salty.
Much Ado Cookies
Yield: 3 dozen
1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup special dark cocoa powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
1/2 cup pistachios
- Beat butter until smooth. Add sugar, eggs, and vanilla and beat for several minutes until fluffy.
- Sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Add to butter mixture and mix slowly until incorporating, scraping the sides of the bowl once.
- Carefully stir in semisweet chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, and pistachios.
- Refrigerate at least four hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Roll dough into 1” balls, set on uncreased cookie sheets, and bake for 8-10 minutes. Do NOT over bake. The cookies should still be slightly shiny in the center when you pull them out of the oven.
- Let sit on cookie sheet for 2-3 minutes before using a spatula to set on a cooling rack. Cool completely.
This recipe was featured in an episode of The Rose Table! Watch it here:
Love it? Pin it!