I adore Mediterranean flavors year-round. I often joke that I studied abroad in Greece just for the feta. There’s just something so comforting about sun-dried tomato in the dead of winter. North Texas is under ice and I wanted something both comforting and sophisticated to enjoy during the Academy Awards last night. This is what I came up with. I hope you enjoy these nuggets of Mediterranean warmth as much as I did!
Sun-dried Tomato and Feta Stuffed Mushrooms
1 box baby Bella mushrooms
6 large basil leaves, chopped fine
2 (generous) tablespoons grated Parmesan
2 (generous) tablespoons Feta cheese
5 sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
About 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Wipe mushrooms clean with a damp paper towel. Remove stems. (I always save mushrooms stems for later, such as savory crepe filling.)
- Mix together remaining ingredients, adding just enough olive oil to bind the mixture together. For me, this was about one tablespoon. Depending on how oily your sun-dried tomatoes are, you may need a touch more or less.
- Fill mushrooms with sun-dried tomato mixture. (You should have exactly the right amount for one box of mushrooms.) Place in oven-safe dish. I love my little Le Creuset dish! It’s the perfect size for dishes like this.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and serve warm!
Watch me make it: