I adore Mediterranean flavors year-round. I often joke that I studied abroad in Greece just for the feta. There’s just something so comforting about sun-dried tomato in the dead of winter. North Texas is under ice and I wanted something both comforting and sophisticated to enjoy during the Academy Awards last night. This is what I came up with. I hope you enjoy these nuggets of Mediterranean warmth as much as I did!
Sun-dried Tomato and Feta Stuffed Mushrooms
1 box baby Bella mushrooms
6 large basil leaves, chopped fine
2 (generous) tablespoons grated Parmesan
2 (generous) tablespoons Feta cheese
5 sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
About 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Wipe mushrooms clean with a damp paper towel. Remove stems. (I always save mushrooms stems for later, such as savory crepe filling.)
2) Mix together remaining ingredients, adding just enough olive oil to bind the mixture together. For me, this was about one tablespoon. Depending on how oily your sun-dried tomatoes are, you may need a touch more or less.
3) Fill mushrooms with sun-dried tomato mixture. (You should have exactly the right amount for one box of mushrooms.) Place in oven-safe dish. I love my little Le Creuset dish! It’s the perfect size for dishes like this.
4) Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
5) Remove from the oven and serve warm!
The Rose Table