You may recognize these from my Christmas party, when I made these using homemade cranberry sauce. You could really do so many variations of them using whatever jam you like. They’re so simple, it’s hardly even fair to call it a recipe! You could easily swap out blackberry jam for the blackcurrant. The rosemary adds a nice earthiness to balance the sweetness of the jam. Should you happen to have any leftover, they’re perfectly delicious cold.
Blackcurrant Brie Bites
1 package puff pastry, thawed
8 oz brie
1 cup blackcurrant jelly
1 rosemary sprig
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray two muffin tins with nonstick cooking spray.
- Unwrap puff pastry and set sheets on a cutting board. Cut each sheet into nine equal squares. You’ll have eighteen squares total. Gently press each square into a muffin cavity.
- Cube the cheese into 18 squares. Place one square into each puff pastry. Add a spoonful of blackcurrant jelly in the puff pastry. Add a couple of rosemary leaves on top.
- Bake in preheated oven for ten minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool ten minutes before serving. Enjoy!
Read more about my Phantom Masquerade here.