Thank you to the fine folks at Good Day Fox 4 for having me on the show! I taught Jenny Anchondo how to bake my Fiori di Sicilia Sugar Cookies and Candy Cane Brownies during my first ever TV cooking segment. A few reasons to love these recipes:
- Fiori di Sicilia is an orange-vanilla extract and my secret weapon. It makes everything taste fancy! You can find it at King Arthur Flour.
- You can make these sugar cookies the day before. In fact the cookies are better if the dough is chilled!
- Kids love them. My niece is a picky eater and still loves my Fiori di Sicilia Sugar Cookies, dubbing them “extra yummy.”
- Short on time? You can use my Candy Cane Frosting on top of boxed brownie mix. Add 1/8 tsp. peppermint extract to the brownie batter to get the same effect.
- Candy Cane Brownies can be made even if you forgot to set out butter to soften: the recipe only uses melted butter!
- You don’t need a mixer to make my Candy Cane Brownies. Both the brownie batter and the Candy Cane Frosting can be stirred with a wooden spoon!
Get the recipe for Fiori di Sicilia Sugar Cookies here.
Get the recipe for Candy Cane Brownies here.
Watch the segment here: