Mini cheesecakes are great to make in the summer because they only bake for twenty minutes at a mere 275 degrees so you won’t heat your house up as much as baking other desserts. Plus, who doesn’t want to bite into a creamy, cool cheesecake on a hot summer night?
Mini Pineapple Cheesecake
24 Vanilla Wafers
16 oz cream cheese, softened (full fat! don’t skimp!)
3 eggs, separated
1 14 oz can sweetened condense milk
1/4 cup pineapple juice
1/2 tsp salt
Fresh chopped pineapple for garnish
Serving suggestion: coconut whipped cream, toasted coconut, macadamia nuts, caramel sauce
- Put cupcakes liners in two muffin tins. Preheat oven to 275 degrees Place a vanilla wafer in each tin.
- In a large bowl, beat softened cream cheese until light and fluffy. Add eggs yolks and sweetened condensed milk. Beat until smooth. Stir in pineapple juice.
- In a medium sized glass bowl, beat egg whites with salt until soft peaks form. Carefully fold egg whites into cheesecake mixture.
- Fill muffin tins 2/3 full with cheesecake mixture. Bake at 275 for 20 minutes. Cool in tins; remove from tins and chill until ready to serve.
- To serve: remove cupcake liner and top with chopped fresh pineapple. Delicious with coconut whipped cream, chopped macadamia nuts, toasted coconuts, and a bit of caramel sauce if you’re feeling fancy!
Coconut whipped cream: 1 cup heavy whipping cream, 1/4 plus 2 Tbsp powdered sugar, 1/2 tsp coconut extract. Beat all ingredients with a metal whisk until you reach a perfect pillowy whipped cream. Don’t overbeat. Pipe into a Hidden Mickey to add magic to your dessert!
Read about Disney Dinners: Moana here. Watch video highlights: