One easy thing about this recipe is that the crust is a Nilla Wafer. You heard me! What a life hack. Each cupcake liner gets one Nilla Wafer, which magically turns into cheesecake crust.
I’ve made many versions of this over the years but had never actually published the original recipe! You could of course leave them plain without the whipped cream and berries, swirl some jam through the tops before baking, or even add chocolate chips to some. It’s delicious every way!
Bonus: check out my mini pineapple cheesecakes!
24 Vanilla Wafers
16 oz cream cheese, softened (full fat! don’t skimp!)
3 eggs, separated
1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
1/2 tsp salt
Whipped cream, recipe follows
Blueberries, raspberries for garnish
- Put cupcakes liners in two muffin tins. Preheat oven to 275 degrees Place a vanilla wafer in each cupcake liner.
- In a large bowl, beat softened cream cheese until light and fluffy. Add eggs yolks and sweetened condensed milk. Beat until smooth. Stir in freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- In a medium sized glass bowl, beat egg whites with salt until soft peaks form. Carefully fold egg whites into cheesecake mixture.
- Fill muffin tins 2/3 full with cheesecake mixture. Bake at 275 for 20 minutes. Cool in tins; remove from tins and chill until ready to serve. Top with whipped cream and berries.
1.5 cup heavy whipping cream
1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp powdered sugar
1.5 tsp vanilla extract
- Beat all ingredients until soft peaks form. Pipe on to mini cheesecakes.
4 Comments Add yours
Thanks for the love! Gorgeous tablescape.