Missing Disneyland? Want to add Disney magic to your day? You’ve come to the right place to take a mini culinary vacation to the park! These are hands down the most delicious Mickey Mouse Rice Krispy Treats you will ever have. I wish I had taken a photo of the inside so you can see just how soft and gooey these are.
This is a fantastic Rice Krispy Treat recipe cut into squares too. These treats are super soft and decadent due to the marshmallow to Rice Krispy ratio. I also added a splash of vanilla. They’re of course even more fun when you cut them into shapes and add a popsicle stick!
To make things easy, spread the mixture into a 9×13 pan lined with greased wax paper and use another greased sheet of wax paper to press them down evenly. Pop in the fridge for an hour, flip the wax paper out of the pan and flip the treats onto a cutting board.
In the past I found cutting shapes out of Rice Krispy Treats rather difficult but I finally figured out a method I like: set a rolling pin across the cookie cutter and rock it back and forth to smash it down without hurting your hand. I cut six shapes out in no time at all using my rolling pin!
Four ounces of melted semi-sweet chocolate is just enough to decorate six Mickey Mouse Rice Krispy Treats, which is how many this recipe makes (plus quite a lot of scraps). I decorated mine with mini M&MS and butterscotch chips. Just a chocolate drizzle is delicious too! The sky’s the limit when it comes to toppings.
Mickey Mouse Rice Krispy Treats
Makes 6 treats
3 Tbsp unsalted butter
1 bag mini marshmallows (about 5 cups)
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
6 cups Rice Krispy Cereal
4 oz Ghirardelli semi-sweet chocolate
To decorate: Mini M&Ms, butterscotch chips, peanut butter chips
- Melt butter in a large saucepan or Dutch oven. Add mini marshmallows and stir over medium-low heat until melted. Add vanilla and cereal and gently mix together.
- Spoon mixture into a 9×13 pan lined with wax paper and sprayed with nonstick spray. Press down using another sheet of greased wax paper. Chill for one hour.
- Cut out six Mickey Mouse shapes using a Mickey Mouse cookie cutter. Reserve scraps for snacking.
- Carefully insert popsicle sticks into Rice Krispy Treats.
- Chop semi-sweet chocolate and melt at a low heat in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds until just melted. Spoon over Rice Krispy Treats and decorate at desired with M&Ms and assorted chips. Refrigerate to set.
Watch me make it:
Love it? Pin it!
Make your own magic,