I made these little cuties for my Cinderella dinner party dessert. Aren’t they darling? I found this silicone mouse mold on Etsy and it worked perfectly. For this size, you need about 1 oz of chocolate per mouse and a spoonful of caramel sauce.
These are very simple to make and take just ten minutes of hands-on time, though you need to chill each step for at least thirty minutes so plan accordingly. You could make your own caramel sauce if you’re fancier than I am, but I just used a jar of delicious caramel!
Silicone mouse mold
6 oz semi-sweet chocolate
1/4 cup caramel sauce
- Take caramel sauce out of the fridge to bring to room temperature. Set mouse mold on a small cookie sheet or plate.
- You’ll need 3 oz chocolate to start. Melt half of that (1.5 oz) in a double boiler. Once melted, reduce the heat to low and add remaining 1.5 oz one small piece at a time, stirring until each piece is fully melted. This tempers the chocolate, making it nice and shiny for our mice!
- Gently spoon chocolate into mouse mold, one mouse at a time. You want to thoroughly coat the bottom and sides of the mold, but it doesn’t need to be super thick. You should have exactly enough chocolate to do this.
- Put chocolate mold in the fridge for about half an hour until set. Remove from fridge. Fill the center of each mouse (including the head) with caramel sauce, about a spoonful each. You want a nice amount of caramel here, but leave room around the edges. You don’t want caramel coming out of the side. Pop in the fridge to set, about 30-45 minutes.
- Temper remaining 3 oz chocolate the same way that you tempered the first batch. (No need to clean the double boiler in between!) Carefully spoon chocolate over the caramel to fill the mold. Put mold back in the fridge for a third and final time. You want it to be really set before you pop out the mice, at least an hour or several.
- Remove mice from mold. Store in the fridge in tupperware for up to two weeks.
Read more about Disney Dinners: Cinderella here. Watch the episode:
Love it? Pin it!
Make your own magic,