Looking for an adorable homemade treat for Easter? Make Chocolate Peanut Butter Eggs!
If you love Reese’s like I do, you will love this delicious homemade peanut butter candy. The filling is very reminiscent of a Reese’s peanut butter. It’s smooth and creamy and delicious! Enrobed in chocolate, these eggs are the epitome of peanut butter goodness.
This would be a darling thing to let kiddos help help decorate on Easter weekend. I kept mine plain chocolate (some smooth, some with a drizzle) but these would be just as cute with brightly colored sprinkles.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Eggs
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
2 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
2 Tbsp 1% milk
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 Tbsp shortening
- Using a handheld mixer, beat powdered sugar, peanut butter, and butter. Add milk and vanilla and mix well.
- Transfer dough to wax paper and form a 8×8 inch square. Slide a small cookie sheet under the wax paper and freeze for 60-90 minutes.
- While the dough is in the freezer, gently melt chocolate chips with shortening on the stove or in the microwave at low heat, whisking every thirty seconds.
- Working quickly, use an egg cookie cutter to cut dough into eggs.
- Set each egg one at a time on a fork and drizzle melted chocolate on top, using the back of the spoon to coat the edges. Quickly dunk the bottom into the chocolate to coat the bottom, then use the spoon to push the egg off the fork and onto wax paper. Repeat with remaining eggs. Let set until chocolate has solidified. Store in an airtight container at room temperature (or in the fridge on hot day).
Love it? Pin it!
Don’t forget to follow/like The Rose Table on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram! Sign up for The Rose Table’s emails here.
One Comment Add yours
I sent this to my son. I am going to make them this weekend- for a ladies group I am in. 👍