Looking for a delightful little snack? A way to make a charcuterie board extra special? A little something to serve with cocktails? Make my easy White Cheddar Crackers!
I absolutely love making homemade crackers. They’re so easy and fun to make! Plus, you can cut them out in any shape you’d like to fit any party theme. Be sure to use really good white cheddar here and grate it yourself. Pre-grated cheese has a coating on it that will negatively impact your crackers.
These White Cheddar Crackers taste like fancy Cheez-Its. They’re really best the day you make them but they stay fresh for up to a week store at room temperature in an airtight container. I hope you love making these as much as I do!
White Cheddar Crackers
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 Tbsp fresh thyme leaves
6 oz white cheddar cheese (2 cups grated)
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
2-3 Tbsp ice water
- Place the flour, salt and thyme in a food processor; cover and pulse until blended.
- Grate white cheddar cheese and add to food processor with softened butter. Cover and pulse until mixture resembles wet sand.
- Add ice water, 1 tablespoon at a time, pulsing after each addition until the dough just holds together when pinched
- Divide dough in half. Shape into two disks; wrap each in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Roll out one disk of dough on a lightly floured surface to 1/8-inch thick. Cut out with a round biscuit cutter or the cookie cutter of your choice. Place 1 inch apart on a baking sheet. Refrigerate on baking sheet for 10 minutes.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes* or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Cool completely. Repeat with remaining dough. Store crackers in an airtight container for up to three days.
*The exact time will vary depending on the size of your crackers
Love it? Pin it!
Don’t forget to follow/like The Rose Table on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram! Sign up for The Rose Table’s emails here.
One Comment Add yours
Yummy – I bet one cannot stop with just a couple!