Looking for the perfect summer recipe to complement a bottle of California Chardonnay? This is it!
BAC: Bacon Avocado Crab Salad
4 slices bacon, cut into lardons.
1 bunch asparagus
1 head Bibb lettuce
2 cups baby spinach
Handful pea shoots
10 oz wild caught crab
Generous amount of feta cheese
Good sea salt (I used lemon sea salt)
1) Every good recipe begins with bacon, don’t you think? Cook bacon until crisp. Let drain on paper towel.
2) Heat grill to medium high. Rub asparagus with a bit of olive oil and sprinkle with garlic salt. Cook asparagus just a few minutes, until slightly charred.
3) Rub slices of ciabatta with olive oil. Grill for a minute or so, until you get nice grill marks. Turn off the grill.
4) Chop Bibb and spinach. Place in attractive serving dish. (I chose a large wooden bowl.) Chop pea shoots, add to bowl. Cut avocado into chunks, add to bowl. Chop grilled asparagus, add to bowl.
5) Toss with feta cheese, crab, and favorite dressing. I used the Mediterranean Dressing with Feta from Whole Foods because I clearly can’t consume enough feta in any given day.
6) Serve with grilled ciabatta bread and oil for dipping. Enjoy!