German chocolate is my mom’s favorite kind of cake so I was determined to turn it into fudge! What really makes German chocolate cake is the combination of coconut and pecan and that definitely shines in this five-minute fudge recipe. I’m not a huge milk chocolate fan like my mom is but even I am swooning over this recipe.
Easy German Chocolate Fudge
3 cups milk chocolate chips
1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
1-1/4 cups pecans, roughly chopped and toasted
2 tsp vanilla extract
- Spray 8×8″ pan with nonstick spray.
- In a saucepan over low heat, melt milk chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk until smooth.
- Remove from heat. Add coconut, 1 cup of toasted pecans, and vanilla.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan. Sprinkle with remaining pecans. Gently press pecans into fudge.
- Refrigerate for two hours. Cut into squares.
Watch me make it: