German chocolate is my mom’s favorite kind of cake so I was determined to turn it into fudge! Originally I was going to top milk chocolate fudge with homemade German chocolate frosting but I’m packaging the fudge up as a takeaway gift for my guests and I worried that the frosting would get squished in the bag. What really makes German chocolate cake is the combination of coconut and pecan and that definitely shines in this five-minute fudge recipe. I’m not a huge milk chocolate fan like my mom is but even I am swooning over this recipe.
- Spray 8×8″ pan with nonstick spray.
- In a saucepan over low heat, melt milk chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk until smooth.
- Remove from heat. Add coconut, 1 cup of toasted pecans, and vanilla.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan. Sprinkle with remaining pecans. Gently press pecans into fudge.
- Refrigerate for two hours. Cut into squares.