Are you ready for three days of fudge? I’m hosting my annual Christmas soirée, A Mistletoe & Holly Affair, on Saturday and this year I’ve decided to wrap up homemade fudge for guests to take home when they leave. We’ll kick off three days of fudge recipes with my personal favorite, dark chocolate peppermint.
Fudge purists will tell you that old-fashioned (read: candy thermometer) fudge is the only kind worth making. My mum and I happen to love fudge made with sweetened condensed milk. It’s, fast, easy, and only requires five minutes and a handful of ingredients. Plus it’s not hurt-your-teeth sweet like old-fashioned fudge. I hope you love this recipe as much as my family does!
Easy Peppermint Fudge
3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (I use Ghiradelli)
1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
1/8 peppermint extract
4 peppermint candy canes
- Spray 8×8″ pan with nonstick spray.
- Unwrap peppermint candy canes and place in ziplock bag. Crush candy canes to desired size using a rolling pin. Set aside.
- In a saucepan over low heat, melt chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk.
- Turn off heat. Add peppermint extract.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan. Sprinkle with crushed candy canes. Gently press candy canes into fudge.
- Refrigerate for two hours. Cut into squares.