Chocolate lovers, this Pumpkin Oreo Pie is the recipe for you! I have a confession, one we’ve never discussed before. I don’t really care for pie. I’ve met plenty of pies that I like but it’s not my favorite. I’ll take cake any day of the week over a slice of pie. My problem is the crust. Everyone talks about how to get a flaky crust but truth be told, I’d rather just have the filling!
Edit: I made this on an episode of The Rose Table for my Pumpkin Picnic! Watch me make it here:
I do adore pumpkin pie though. My sister-in-law and niece both love chocolate and I thought, how could I make a pumpkin pie something they would eat? The answer: Oreo cookie crust.
And because cinnamon makes all fall baking better, I topped this pie with my favorite cinnamon whipped cream. Enjoy!
3 Tbsp butter, melted
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
2 large eggs
1 (15 oz) can pumpkin
1 tsp vanilla*
1 (12 oz) can evaporated milk
Cinnamon whipped cream (recipe follows)
For garnish: shaved semi-sweet chocolate, cinnamon stick
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a food processor, blend Oreo cookies with 3 Tbsp melted butter until mixture comes together.
- Using a spatula, pat crust onto the bottom and sides of a 9″ greased pie plate.
- Mix together sugar, cinnamon, and salt in a small bowl.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs until slightly beaten. Add pumpkin, sugar mixture, and vanilla. Mix well. Slowly add evaporated milk.
- Pour pumpkin mixture into Oreo crust.
- Bake at 425 for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake for an additional 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool for two hours. Refrigerate. Serve with cinnamon whipped cream and garnish with shaved chocolate and a cinnamon stick.
*Variation: You could swap out the vanilla extract for the traditional 1/2 tsp ground ginger and 1/4 tsp ground gloves if you want more of that pumpkin pie spice flavor.
Cinnamon Whipped Cream
1 cup whipping cream
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Beat whipping cream with a whisk in a metal bowl until soft peaks form.
- Beat in cinnamon, vanilla, and powdered sugar.
Who wants a bite?
Love it? Pin it!
Don’t forget to follow/like The Rose Table on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram! Sign up for The Rose Table’s emails here.
7 Comments Add yours
I am a cake girl, but this looks so good.
You’re not alone! I’m a cake girl too but I just had another slice of this pie and man is it good!
Loved your recipe 🙂
Thank you so much! Cinnamon whipped cream just makes pumpkin pie in my opinion. 🙂
Do you leave the filling in the Oreos or take it out?
Hi Barbara! I put whole Oreos into the food processor. I do not remove the filling. Hope you like the pie!