Peanut butter lovers, this one’s for you!
Chocolate and peanut butter: a match made in dessert heaven. I’ve been on a no-bake cheesecake kick lately since it’s 100 degrees outside and I love dessert but don’t love heating up my kitchen in the summertime. So I made a peanut butter no-bake cheesecake with an Oreo cookie crust topped with chocolate ganache and chopped peanut butter cups.
I used dark chocolate peanut butter cups because (queue Bruno Mars) that’s what I like but feel free to use standard peanut butter cups if you prefer. You could skip the ganache if you’re feeling lazy but it’s a delicious addition if you have the time!
This is an unbelievably creamy, rich dessert. I hope you love it as much as my friends and family did! This didn’t even last twenty-four hours here at The Rose Table.
Peanut Butter Cup No-Bake Cheesecake
1 Tbsp unsalted butter
1 Tbsp granulated sugar
- Grease a 9-inch springform pan with Crisco. Set aside.
- Pulverize Oreo cookies until fine. Mix with melted butter until mixture is the texture of wet sand. Press the mixture firmly on the bottom and up the sides of prepared spring form pan. Freeze for ten minutes while making the filling.
- Beat heavy whipping cream with a handheld mixer until stiff peaks form. Beat in 1/4 cup powdered sugar.
- In a separate bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in peanut butter,sour cream, remaining 1/2 cup powdered sugar, and vanilla extract.
- Gently fold in whipped cream until incorporated and uniform in color.
- Spread mixture on top of prepared crust. Cover and refrigerate for at least four hours or overnight.
- Make the ganache: chop the chocolate into small pieces and place in heatproof bowl. Bring the cream, butter, and sugar to a boil in a small saucepan. As soon as the sugar is dissolved, pour the cream over the chocolate. Let sit for one minute, then whisk until smooth. Cover the bowl with Saran wrap and refrigerate for one hour. Scoop into pastry bag and pipe onto cheesecake.
- Top with chopped peanut butter cups and enjoy!