Well this is just about the best dish I ever pulled out of my oven. Lord, have mercy, these are amazing! I turned into an animal eating these. I couldn’t control myself. I’m so glad that only my mom was here to witness me tucking into half a sheet of chicken wings.
These are out of this world. If you want an appetizer to impress anyone and everyone, you’ve come to the right place. I wish I had taken better photos but hey, I made these wings for a Golden Globes watch party with my mom and they were so good, it felt wrong not to post this recipe for you.
These are super easy to make too! You might never want to go out for wings again after you taste these. If you want more heat, you could up the cayenne but start with just a couple of shakes for that hint of heat.
Baked Honey Chicken Wings
1.5 lbs organic chicken wings
3 Tbsp vegetable oil
3 tsp Herbes de Provence
1.5 tsp garlic powder
1.5 tsp salt
3 Tbsp butter
3 garlic cloves, minced
1/8 tsp cayenne powder
1/4 cup honey
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Rinse chicken wings and pat dry with paper towels.Toss with vegetable oil, Herbes de Provence, garlic powder, and salt. Spread wings on a jelly roll sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
- Turn wings and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- While the wings are baking, melt butter in a small sauce pan over medium heat, add minced garlic and cook until fragrant. Reduce heat to low and add cayenne and honey. Whisk until smooth.
- Remove wings from oven and brush with glaze. You should have enough to go over each piece twice – don’t waste any glaze! Return to oven and bake for an additional 5 minutes.
Love it? in it!