I love making spring rolls. They’re so fun! These mango spring rolls have fresh mango and red bell pepper, shredded carrots, leaf lettuce, cool vermicelli, basil and mint. What’s not to love? Dip them in my favorite peanut sauce and you’ll be swooning! I especially love to make these during parties where appetizers tend to be heavy and caloric. These spring rolls are aways a light, welcome sight!
The best tip I can give you for spring rolls is to soak the rice paper in water for 20-25 seconds, then set it on a damp towel while you fill the spring roll. It’ll be perfectly softened and ready to wrap by the time you’re doing filling it.
I don’t have quantity on this recipe because that’s just how I cook at home! You can make as many or as few spring rolls at a time as your heart desires. I’m not the prettiest spring roll roller but hey, they taste great! I’m sure yours will be prettier than mine.
Mango Spring Rolls
Rice paper rounds
Vermicelli, cooked and rinsed under cold water
Mint, thai basil
Red bell peppers, thinly sliced
Avocado, cut into slices
- Soak rice paper round in water 20-25 seconds. Remove and set on damp towel.
- Prepare mango: cut the cheeks of the mango away from the core, peel, and cut into slices.
- Add a few leaves mint and thai basil in the center of the paper. Add a small leaf of lettuce, vermicelli, shredded carrots, red bell pepper slices, avocado slices, and mango slices, taking care not to overfill the rice paper.
- Carefully wrap up like a burrito and serve with peanut sauce. Delicious!
- Whisk all ingredients together in a small bowl. Excellent with chicken, pork, and shrimp! Keep leftovers in a jar in the fridge.
Love it? Pin it!