How good do warm, comforting blueberry muffins sound right about now? This recipe is adapted from my Coconut Muffins recipe, the softest muffin recipe in the world. I love coconut milk in muffins because it seems to make the muffins stay fresher longer.
These are absolutely delicious served warm from the oven slathered with butter. They freeze well too so you can save some for a rainy day, if you don’t gobble them right up that is!
You can use frozen blueberries if you don’t have fresh. I love to pick blueberries in the summer and freeze a pound or two so I can enjoy the fresh taste of summer year-round. This recipe comes together really easily and only dirties one bowl – perfect for people who hate dishes like me!
Coconut Milk Blueberry Muffins
2 cups all-purpose flour
¾ cup granulated sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1 cup fresh blueberries
½ cup vegetable oil
1 cup coconut milk
½ tsp almond extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a muffin tin.
- Put all the dry ingredients in a bowl and whisk together. Fold in blueberries.
- Beat the eggs, then add the vegetable oil, coconut milk, and almond extract. Mix well.
- Make a well in the center of the flour mixture and add the egg mixture and mix with a spatula until just blended. Do not over mix. Pour evenly into prepared muffin tin.
- Bake at 350 for 15 – 20 minutes. Let cool for five minutes and remove from tin. Great served warm or room temperature. Keep extras refrigerated.
Love it? Pin it!
One Comment Add yours