These are the dreamiest chocolate chip cookies. I can’t remember the last time I ate such a fancy cookie! The texture and flavor of this cookie is bakery-perfect. These are easy cookies to bake with no chilling time required, meaning you can be eating them about twenty minutes from now!
Lavender complements dark chocolate so well. I am proud to say that I have converted many friends who thought they didn’t like lavender into lavender lovers. The key is to not overdo it. You don’t want to feel like you’re eating a flower! There’s two teaspoons of edible lavender buds in the cookie dough, which gives the cookies the exact right amount of lavender. If you didn’t know what kind of cookie this was, you might wonder if it’s just a fancy kind of chocolate.
People ask me all the time where to buy lavender. I bought one bag of food grade edible lavender on Amazon two years ago and even after baking tons of lavender treats, I’ve barely made a dent in the bag. It’s such a fun ingredient to have in the pantry. You can head to my Amazon Store for lavender if you don’t have any in your pantry! If you’re ever in a shop and see lavender buds, just make sure the bag says “food grade” or “for culinary use.”
The most important part about baking this cookie is having the courage to pull them out early. The residual heat from the cookie sheet finishes the cookies. You’re not going to want to pull them, but trust me. They’re incredibly soft when you bake them with this method. Please note that the timing (8-10 minutes) is specifically for twenty-four large cookies. If you make them larger or smaller, you will need to adjust the baking time. The first time you make this recipe, make exactly twenty-four! They’re the perfect size and thickness and even days later they’re still soft. These would be absolutely perfect for a spring picnic!
Lavender Chocolate Chip Cookies
Makes 24 cookies1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup light brown sugar, packed
1.5 tsp vanilla extract
2 large eggs
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp sea salt
2 tsp food grade lavender buds
2 cups dark chocolate chips
More sea salt for sprinkling on top
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, sea salt, and lavender buds in a small bowl.
- Cream together butter and sugars in a stand mixer until combined.
- Scrape down sides of mixer. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Slowly mix in dry ingredients until combined. Stir in dark chocolate chips.
- Roll cookie dough into large balls (exactly 24!) and place twelve on two cookie sheets. Sprinkle each cookie with sea salt.
- Bake for about 8-10 minutes and pull them out when they are browning on the edges but still slightly wet in the middle. Let cool completely on the cookie sheets, about fifteen minutes.