I mean…how good does chocolate banana bread sound right about now? That’s what I was thinking yesterday looking over at my ripe bananas! I little dark cocoa powder and chocolate chips are added to my favorite banana bread recipe for a delightful treat.
Banana bread freezes well so the next time you have ripe bananas, give this is a try and stick in the freezer for a rainy day! I love doing that when I have bananas that need to be used but maybe I already have something yummy for breakfast that week. I love being able to pull banana bread out of the freezer on a busy week.
Looking for classic banana bread? Get my OG banana bread recipe here.
Makes 1 loaf
2 1/4 cups + 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
1/4 cup dark cocoa powder
1 cup sugar
3 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
3 Tbsp vegetable oil
3/4 cup milk
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 ripe medium bananas, mashed
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips + 1 Tbsp chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 9x5x3-inch loaf pan.
- Sift together the first five ingredients.
- Add the vegetable oil, milk, vanilla, and egg and mix well. Stir in mashed banana until incorporated. Gently fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour into prepared pan. Sprinkle top with remaining spoonful of chocolate chips.
- Bake 50-60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from pan and let cool completely on a rack before slicing.
Watch me make it:
Love it? Pin it!