What could be cuter than a sweet Valentine’s Day Dessert Board?
I centered this board around chocolate ganache in a cute little heart dish. I mean, really, what screams Valentine’s Day more than dipping fruit into warm chocolate and pillowy whipped cream? You can use really whatever fruit you like but I thought strawberries, raspberries, and bananas looked the cutest on the board.
I also included pretzels and pound cake hearts. To make the heart, I stood store bought pound cake up on one end, then sliced it in half and each half again. This each slice gives you 3-4 hearts depending on the size of your cookie cutter.
I filled the board in with assorted heart-shaped chocolates and chocolate-covered popcorn. What’s cute about this board is you can not only dip goodies into chocolate but also build your own pound cake dessert!
Pro tip: build the board first, then make the ganache. The ganache takes about three minutes to make but you want to dip your goodies in it while it’s warm, so do it last when you’re ready to serve.
The possibilities are endless. For instance, marshmallows, shortbread cookies, and Valentine’s Day-colored m&ms would be an adorable addition.
Chocolate ganache, recipe follows
Whipped cream, recipe follows
Assorted heart-shaped chocolates (such as Reese’s and Ghirardelli)
Also adorable: marshmallows, Valentine’s Day M&Ms, apple slices, rice Krispy treats, shortbread cookies, or anything else you love dipped in chocolate!
- Slice poundcake into slices, then use a heart-shaped cookie cutter to cut out pound cake hearts out of each slice.
- Build the board, starting with a container for the ganache and your pound cake hearts. Add piles of fruit and heart-shaped chocolates.
- Whip the cream according to recipe below and spoon onto board. Tuck chocolate-covered popcorn or Valentine’s Day M&Ms around the board to fill it in.
- Finally, make the ganache according to the recipe below, pour it into the container, and serve immediately.
4 oz dark chocolate, chopped
1/2 cup heavy cream
- Finely chop chocolate and place in a glass bowl. Heat cream in the stove or in the microwave just until it starts to bubble. Pour warm cream over the chocolate pieces. Let sit for one minute, then whisk until smooth and glossy. Transfer to serving dish.
1/2 cup whipping cream
2 Tbsp powdered sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
- Whip ingredients together with a whisk in a metal bowl until soft peaks form.
Love it? Pin it!