Have ripe bananas at home? Bake the best ever banana cupcakes!
I don’t know why banana isn’t a more popular cupcake flavor. Several people told me this is the “best cupcake they’ve ever had.” What more do you really need to know, really? It’s freaking delicious!
This is a one-bowl cupcake recipe and just about the easiest frosting you’ll ever make. These cupcakes are super moist and delicious and stay perfect all week long.
Like all cream cheese goodies, you’ll want to store these in the fridge. I like to pull them out about an hour before serving.
The Rose Table’s Banana Cupcakes
For the Cupcakes:
2/3 cup butter, at room temperature
1 2/3 cup granulated sugar
2/3 cup buttermilk
1 1/4 cups mashed bananas, (about 2.5 medium bananas)
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/4 tsp baking soda
1 1/4 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp salt
2/3 cup pecans, chopped
For the Cream Cheese Frosting:
12 oz cream cheese (full fat!), at room temperature
1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
2 cups powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
To bake the cupcakes:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two muffin tins with cupcake liners and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Beat softened butter with sugar until combined. Mix in buttermilk and mashed bananas. Add eggs, one at a time. Gently mix in flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Stir in chopped pecans.
- Divide batter evenly into cupcake liners and bake for 18-22 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in the tins for five minutes, then remove from muffins tins and cool completely. Frost with cream cheese frosting.
To make the frosting:
- Beat frosting ingredients until smooth.
Want to pipe roses like I did here? Watch my How to Pipe Roses on Cupcakes video:
One Comment Add yours
A great recipe!