This salad is light and refreshing before a heavy meal. Filled with spinach, blueberries, and avocado, this salad is full of nutrients and antioxidants. The homemade green onion balsamic vinaigrette is fast to whisk up and sure to wow your guests.
Photography by Katie Nixon Photography.
Bleu Cheese Blueberry Spinach Salad
1 lbs spinach
6 oz blueberries, rinsed and dried
1/4 cup pistachios
4 oz bleu cheese, crumbled
2 avocados, pitted, cubed
Green onion balsamic vinaigrette (recipe follows)
- Toss together first four ingredients. Add avocado just before serving.
- Toss with homemade green onion balsamic vinaigrette.
- Serve with crusty bread, good Irish butter, and sea salt.
Green Onion Balsamic Vinaigrette
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
3 tsp brown sugar
2 green onions, chopped
2 cup olive oil
- Whisk balsamic vinegar, brown sugar, salt, pepper, and green onions.
- Slowly whisk in olive oil.
This recipe was originally served at me Le Diner en Blanc-inspired dinner party. Read more about The Rose Table en Blanc here.