If this isn’t the cutest little cheese ball I ever saw, I just don’t know what is. The toasted almonds add a nicely, earthy flavor to the rich cream cheese. It’s perfect for a Christmas party!
Pine Cone Cheese Ball
1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
½ cup Greek yogurt (I use Greek Gods)
5 strips of bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
1 Tbsp green onion, chopped
1 tsp chopped fresh rosemary
⅛ tsp pepper
1¼ cup whole almonds, toasted
Fresh rosemary for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread almonds on a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes, until nice and toasty. Let cool.
- Combine cream cheese and yogurt.
- Stir in the cooked bacon, green onion, rosemary, and pepper.
- Cover and chill overnight.
- Shape the cheese balls into two small pine cones on serving plate.
- Start at the narrow end and place almonds into the cheese at a slight angle, working your way down the pine cone.
- Garnish with rosemary sprigs and serve with assorted crackers.
Read more about A Mistletoe and Holly Affair here.
Photography by Beatbox Portraits.