I can’t take any credit for this recipe. My mom taught me how to grill a perfect flank steak! It comes out perfect every time. Want a stellar appetizer? Make my Flank Steak and Gorgonzola Crostini!
Grilled Flank Steak
1 pound flank steak (tenderized if available)
1/4 cup olive oil
A Tbsp or two balsamic vinegar
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 fresh rosemary sprigs
- Whisk together olive oil, balsamic vinegar, minced garlic, salt, pepper, and the minced leaves of one rosemary sprig. Pour over flank steak in ziplock bag. Refrigerate for a couple of hours or overnight.
- Set the bag on the counter for twenty minutes before grilling it. It’s important to let meat come to room temperature before grilling it or it won’t cook evenly.
- Turn on grill and let heat to about 350ish degrees.
- Grill flank steak for five minutes. Use tongs to flip. Grill another five minutes.
- Remove from heat and set on a plate. Let rest for ten minutes before slicing.
- Thinly slice against the grain. This is the most important part of cooking flank steak! Set you knife on the flank steak. Your knife should be perpendicular to the lines running through the flank steak. Cut at an angle with a serrated knife.
Love it? Pin it!