Beef tenderloin screams Christmas to me. Probably because my family often eats this for Christmas dinner! My mom is an excellent cook and shared her beef tenderloin recipe with me for Disney Dinners: Cinderella.
I was very intimidated to cook beef tenderloin but it was actually super easy! It’s only a couple of steps and a few ingredients and it’s just such a special dish.
I got this tenderloin at my local farmers market from Ashcraft Beef. It was about a third less expensive than the four grocery stores closest to me so be sure to check with your local farmers! You might just end up with super high quality beef at an affordable price. This wonderful, four-pound tenderloin cost me $80 and it easily fed eight people. While I wouldn’t spend that on a normal Saturday, that’s a GREAT price for a holiday or special occasion.
3-4 lbs beef tenderloin
Sea salt, black pepper
3 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
2 Tbsp Worchestershire sauce
1 Tbsp fresh rosemary, leaves chopped
- Take the beef tenderloin out about 30 minutes before you want to put it in the oven. You never want to cook meat cold from the fridge! Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Rinse tenderloin and pat dry with a paper towel. Set tenderloin on baking sheet. (Use an old one – it gets messy! – or line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.)
- Drizzle tenderloin with olive oil. Season well with sea salt and pepper. Massage the olive oil in so that it’s thoroughly covered. Roast in the oven for 20-30 minutes depending on the size. (Mine was 4 lbs and took 30 minutes.)
- Whisk together melted butter and Worchestershire sauce. Take the tenderloin out of the oven and brush with butter sauce. Sprinkle with fresh rosemary and return to oven for about 10-15 minutes, or until internal temperature of the thickest end reaches 135 degrees.
- Remove from oven and tent with foil for about 15 minutes until tenderloin reaches 145 degrees. Slice and serve!
Don’t forget to follow/like The Rose Table on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram! Sign up for The Rose Table’s emails here.
One Comment Add yours