Want an easy dish that’ll feed a crowd? You’ve come to the right place! My Baked Chicken Pasta has spinach, sun-dried tomatoes, and a delicious ricotta base. It’s full of flavor and re-heats really well (if you have any leftovers, that is!).
First, cook the chicken in a skillet and wilt in some spinach while you boil rigatoni.
Lightly beat eggs, whisk in ricotta cheese , then stir in parmesan, sun-dried tomatoes, and Italian parsley. Gently stir the pasta and cooked chicken and spinach into the ricotta mixture, pour into a greased 9×13 pan and bake for 25 minutes. That’s it! It’s delicious served with extra parmesan cheese, freshly torn basil, and garlic bread. Yum!
I was worried that this pasta wouldn’t heat up nicely but it was fantastic left over! Don’t leave out the sun-dried tomatoes. They flavor the whole dish when you stir them into the ricotta mixture before adding everything else.
1 box rigatoni
1 Tbsp butter
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 pound chicken breast, cut into small pieces
1/2 tsp dried oregano
2 cups fresh spinach
4 large eggs
1 15-oz carton ricotta cheese
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
2 Tbsp chopped Fresh Italian parsley
Basil for serving
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9×13″ baking dish.
- In a large skillet, cook chicken in butter and olive oil until slightly browned. Season to taste with salt and black pepper and dried oregano.
- While chicken is browning, cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain.
- Add fresh spinach to the chicken and let it wilt slightly.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs until lightly beaten. Whisk in ricotta cheese, then add parmesan cheese, herbs, and sun-dried tomatoes. Gently stir in cooked pasta and chicken mixture and mix well.
- Pour mixture into a greased 9×13” baking dish. Cover and bake for 25 minutes. Serve with chopped parsley and parmesan.