Looking for the perfect festive Christmas dinner? Make my Holiday Jeweled Salmon and watch as jaws drop! Here my incredible Honey Garlic Baked Salmon is topped with an easy orange rosemary yogurt sauce, dried cranberries, pistachios, and pomegranate arils. It’s a festive red, white, and green dish that tastes like an explosion of holiday flavors!
O.M.G. I really cannot stress how good this is. I made this for my mom and we couldn’t even carry on a conversation while eating it. It’s positively swoon-worthy.
P.S. Shoutout to Savory Alaska. This wild caught Alaskan salmon was incredible!
This is a perfect make-ahead recipe for any glamorous dinner party during the holidays because you don’t want the salmon piping hot when you spoon the yogurt sauce on top. It would fall apart! Whisk the yogurt sauce together so it’s ready. You really could let the baked salmon hang out on the counter for up to an hour before topping and serving it, but at least let it cool for ten minutes before finishing it!
This would be amazing with roasted Brussel sprouts, Butternut Squash Salad, and rice or dare I say mashed potatoes. It would be outrageously delicious with mashed potatoes! I hope you love this recipe as much as I do.
Holiday Jeweled Salmon
2 pound salmon filet
Sea salt, black pepper
For the glaze:
4 Tbsp unsalted butter
1/4 cup honey
4 garlic cloves
For the sauce:
1 cup Greek yogurt (full fat)
1 Tbsp orange zest
2 rosemary sprigs
For the topping:
1/4 cup dried cranberries
2 Tbsp pistachios, chopped
2 Tbsp pomegranate arils
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil or a silicone baking mat. Spray with non-stick spray. Set salmon skin-side down on foil and season well with salt and pepper.
- In a small sauce pan, melt together butter, honey, and garlic until the mixture bubbles and thickens, about 3-5 minutes. Pour sauce over salmon. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until cooked through to your liking. (Note: strive for an internal temp of 130 for medium.)
- Let salmon cool for 5-10 minutes, spooning honey garlic sauce over the salmon as it sits, before carefully transferring to a serving platter.
- Whisk full-fat Greek yogurt with orange zest and fresh rosemary. Spoon sauce over salmon cooled salmon.
- Top with dried cranberries, pistachios, and pomegranate arils. Garnish with rosemary sprigs and serve with lemon wedges.