I have long thought I should start a support group for those of us who liked pumpkin before the Pumpkin Spice Latte. As a lifelong pumpkin lover I find it incredibly frustrating that all pumpkin things seem to now be pumpkin spice. These are not. Like my Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread, these mini cheesecakes are pure pumpkin goodness. With an Oreo cookie crust topped with freshly whipped cinnamon cream and shaved chocolate, these mini cheesecakes are sure to delight a pumpkin-loving crowd.
Mini Pumpkin Oreo Cheesecakes with Cinnamon Whipped Cream
24 Oreo cookies
2 (8 oz) packages cream cheese, at room temperature
1/2 cup sugar
2 large eggs
2 Tablespoons Greek yogurt (I use Greek Gods)
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup canned pumpkin
2 Tablespoons flour
Cinnamon whipped cream (recipe follows)
1 oz semi-sweet chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Put cupcake liners in two muffin tins.
- Place an Oreo in each of the 24 cupcake liners.
- Beat cream cheese with sugar. Add eggs, yogurt, pumpkin, vanilla, cinnamon, and flour, incorporating well after each addition.
- Spoon cheesecake batter over Oreos, 3/4 of the way full. You should have exactly enough for 24 mini cheesecakes.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool for about 15 minutes in the tin. Remove and let cool completely. Refrigerate.
- Top with cinnamon whipped cream and shaved chocolate.
Cinnamon Whipped Cream
1 cup whipping cream
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Beat whipping cream with a whisk in a metal bowl until soft peaks form.
- Beat in cinnamon, vanilla, and powdered sugar.
Update: I love this gorgeous photo Joseph Miner took at my Phantom Masquerade!
Don’t forget to follow/like The Rose Table on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram! Sign up for The Rose Table’s emails here.
3 Comments Add yours
Could I substitute the Greek yogurt for something else, like maybe sour cream?
Great question! Yes, sour cream and Greek yogurt are great substitutes for each other.