If I’ve said it once, I’ve said it a thousand times: I’m just a simple Irish lass at heart and I cannot count how many times I’ve made this dish. I make this all the bloody time yet I’m just now posting it here. This is one of my favorite weeknight staples because it’s fast, cheap, and so satisfying. My pan-fried tilapia is crispy on the outside and delicate on the inside. You’ll want to make it again and again!
Tilapia is such an underrated fish. It can go from zero to hero in a hurry and it thaws quickly – another weeknight bonus! I like it smothered with homemade tzatziki sauce, fresh chives from the garden, and a squeeze of lemon juice. It’s great served with rice, veggies, potatoes, and a simple salad.
Want more easy seafood options? Check out my Lemon Roasted Tilapia, Rosemary Grilled Salmon, and Mediterranean Baked Cod. Love this recipe? Check out my Cookbook here and shop The Rose Table Merch here. Don’t forget to follow @therosetable on Instagram!
2 large tilapia filets
1/4 cup flour
Pinch dried oregano
1 egg, beaten
2/3 cup bread crumbs
Serving suggestion: Tzatziki, lemon, and chives
- Dredge tilapia in 1/4 cup flour mixed with a pinch of dried oregano, salt, and pepper. Shake off excess flour.
- Dip tilapia in beaten egg.
- Dredge in bread crumbs until fully covered.
- Fry over medium heat in a tablespoon or so of butter and olive oil until golden, about two to three minutes. Have patience – you only want to flip it once!
- Carefully flip and fry until golden, another two to three minutes.
- Serve with tzatziki sauce, fresh chives, and lemon slices.
Love it? Pin it!