You may have noticed by now: I love chocolate, I love German food, and I love creating new dishes from easy-to-make components. Here I’ve come up with a delicious brownie dessert with pillowy whipped cream and my favorite black cherry sauce.
Es war einmal…
Cherry sauce only take a few minutes to make and keeps for up to a week in the fridge. It’s very simple to make and packs a lot of flavor into every bite. My whipped cream will easily keep for a few days too, so you could definitely bake the brownies, make the whipped cream, and make the cherry sauce the morning before serving this dessert.
Note: I used a Ghirardelli box mix for this recipe but if you want to make homemade brownies, try my incredible Chambord Brownies.
Black Forest Brownies
Almond whipped cream, recipe follows
Cherry sauce, recipe follows
- Spoon almond whipped cream on top of brownies. Top with cherry sauce and enjoy!
Almond Whipped Cream
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1/2 tsp almond extract
- Beat whipping cream in a chilled metal bowl with a metal whisk until soft peaks form.
- Whisk in almond extract and powdered sugar. You want it nice and pillowy; don’t over whip it.
2 cups frozen black cherries
1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup water + 2 Tbsp, divided
1 Tbsp cornstarch
1/4 tsp almond extract (or 1/2 tsp vanilla if you prefer)
- Bring cherries, sugar, and water to a boil in a medium saucepan.
- Whisk together 2 Tbsp water and 1 Tbsp cornstarch until smooth; stir into cherry sauce. Return to a boil and cook for one minute or until thickened.
- Remove from heat and stir in almond extract. Let cool for about fifteen minutes before using or store in a jar in the fridge for up to a week.
Und wenn sie nicht gestorben sind, dann leben sie noch heute.
Love it? Pin it!