If I may say, I make the best coconut shrimp. That’s why I named the official recipe The Best Coconut Shrimp! Here I’ve added a delicious mango sauce, chunks of pineapple, avocado slices, and white rice for a ten minute dinner that feels like an instant vacation!
My mom and I could not have loved this dish more! It’s crunchy, it’s tropical, it’s juicy, it’s creamy, and it’s oh so satisfying. I made this for a whole themed Island night. We watched Forgetting Sarah Marshall (one of my favorite movies!) and Pirates of the Caribbean and wore leis. It was terribly festive! I don’t even want to tell you how little of this platter was leftover.
Side bar: this dish is delicious with my rum punch!
I recommend making the sauce first, starting your rice, then making your coconut shrimp to pull dinner off as quickly as possible. Keep leftover sauce in a jar in the fridge for more tropical deliciousness all week long.
Coconut Shrimp with Mango Sauce
Ingredients for The Best Coconut Shrimp (peeled, deveined raw shrimp, Panko breadcrumbs, coconut, and egg)
Mango sauce (recipe follows)
- Cut the cheeks off the mangoes, score, and cut the cubes off of the peel. Blend mangoes with coconut milk, brown sugar, turmeric, and chili powder.
- Cook white rice and set aside.
- Cut the top off the pineapple and set on the platter to decorate. Cut the bottom and rind off, then stand the pineapple up and cut the four sides away from the center core. Cut pineapple into chunks.
- Make The Rose Table’s Coconut Shrimp by dredging large peeled, deveined raw shrimp in seasoned flour, beaten egg, and a 2/3 to 1/3 mixture of coconut and Panko. Fry in vegetable oil for 2-3 minutes per side until golden.
- Serve shrimp over rice with pineapple chunks and sliced avocado and smother with mango sauce.
Love it? Pin it!