Who doesn’t love a cookies ‘n’ cream Disney treat?! Years ago I came up with my own version of The Grey Stuff for Disney Dinners: Beauty and the Beast. Since it was a dinner party, I piped delicious cookies ‘n’ cream whipped cream on top of super rich fudge brownies for a decadent dessert. For my Beauty and the Beast Tea, I decided to do a slightly different version and serve The Grey Stuff on cute little sugar cookie rounds for the perfect tea time dessert.
When I baked my Teapot Sugar Cookies, I used the dough to bake one sheet of small rounds that I cut out with a biscuit cutter. The day before my party, I made The Grey Stuff and piped it on top of the sugar cookies. I carefully set the delightful mounds in a deep tupperware and popped it in the fridge overnight. Proof that The Grey Stuff will hold its shape! I still have some leftover days later and it still looks perfect so don’t be afraid to make this the day before your party.
I hope you love this magical Disney treat as much as I do! I’ve lost track of how many times I’ve made The Grey Stuff.
The Grey Stuff Cookies
Sugar cookie rounds
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup powdered sugar
7 Oreos (regular, not double stuffed)
- Bake sugar cookies. (See my teacup sugar cookie recipe.)
- Finely crush oreos in a food processor.
- Beat whipping cream with a metal whisk in a metal bowl until it thickens. Add vanilla, and powdered sugar. Beat until soft peaks form.
- Stir in crushed oreos. Your mixture should be grey.
- Spoon into piping bag fitted with a large metal tip. (I used a Wilton No. 2D Large Drop Flower Piping Tip.) Pipe onto sugar cookie rounds.