Some desserts are worth melting for!
Looking for a dessert for your Frozen party? You found it! When I saw Ice Queen sprinkles by Fancy Sprinkles, I knew I had to serve an ice cream sundae at my Frozen dinner party. I added slivered almonds and amaretto whipped cream as an homage to Norway’s most popular dessert, an almond cake, and topped the sundaes with a white chocolate snowflake for an extra burst of Disney magic.
The hot fudge sauce is simple to make. I made a jar days in advance and just heated it up at the party – so easy! I made the amaretto whipped cream and piped white chocolate snowflakes in the morning so everything was ready to assemble after dinner. The snowflakes were not difficult to do but just in case, I melted 4 oz white chocolate and made about 40 snowflakes even though I only needed 6. I was worried that they would break when I peeled off the wax paper but they were actually quite sturdy! If you’re worried, feel free to do the same. Better safe than sorry!
The recipe below is per sundae. I very quickly made six of these for my guests. Get the recipe for my dark chocolate hot fudge sauce here. Get the recipe for my amaretto whipped cream here.
The Rose Table is in no way affiliated with The Walt Disney Company.
Gorgeous photos courtesy of My Curly Adventures.
2 scoops vanilla bean gelato
1 generous spoonful amaretto whipped cream
1 generous spoonful dark chocolate hot fudge sauce
1 tsp slivered almonds
Ice Queen Fancy Sprinkles
1 white chocolate snowflake, recipe follows
- Scoops gelato into serving dishes. Top with amaretto whipped cream, hot fudge sauce, slivered almonds, Fancy Sprinkles, and a white chocolate snowflake.
White Chocolate Snowflakes
2 oz Ghirardelli white chocolate
Blue food coloring
- Carefully melt white chocolate. Stir in blue food coloring to desired color.
- Snip the end of a small Ziplock bag. Spoon melted chocolate into bag.
- Set wax paper on a small cookie sheet. Pipe chocolate into snowflake shape: start with a line top to bottom, then an X through that line. Add a flourish to all the ends. Don’t make the lines too thin or they’ll break later.
- Sprinkle with blue sprinkles and pop in the fridge until ready to use. Carefully pull the wax paper off of snowflakes and set on sundae.
Watch me make it:
Read more about Frozen here. Watch my Frozen video:
Love it? Pin it!
Don’t forget to follow/like The Rose Table on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram! Sign up for The Rose Table’s emails here.
4 Comments Add yours