I’m half German, half Irish. There is no amount of potatoes that I can’t take down. I easily cook potatoes five days each week and yet I’ve hardly posted any potato recipes on The Rose Table! I plan on amending that this year.
The recipe could hardly be easier! Once the potatoes have been boiled, this dish comes together in five short minutes. It’s delicious served as a side dish with fish or grilled meats but is also a fantastic addition to a green salad. I like to leave the potatoes whole because they look so beautiful, but you could cut them before tossing it all together if you prefer.
1.5 lbs potato medley
Lemon vinaigrette (recipe follows)
4 scallions, green and white parts
1/4 cup flat leaf Italian parsley
2 Tbsp Feta cheese
4 slices thick cut bacon, cooked and crumbled
Makes 1 1/2 cups
1/4 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
1/4 cup white wine vinaigrette
2 tsp sugar
Sea salt, freshly ground pepper to taste
1 shake each dried oregano and dried basil
1 cup olive oil
- Whisk together all ingredients for lemon vinaigrette, finishing with olive oil. Set aside.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add a generous amount of salt. Boil potatoes in salted water for about 20 minutes or until fork tender.
- Drain in a colander in the sink. Cover potatoes with a towel for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, toss potatoes with 2 Tbsp lemon vinaigrette while still warm. Let cool.
- Add crumbled bacon, scallions, parsley, and more vinaigrette as desired. (Note: you will have plenty of vinaigrette leftover. Keep it on the counter for a delicious salad dressing.)
- Chill for a couple of hours.
- Add Feta cheese before serving.